Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Childless friends, here are some answers



Dear friends,
I’m in the middle of a family dilemma and can’t concentrate. My dad fell and broke his hip last week. He’s in a rehab place in California, I’m in Oregon, and communication is ragged. Like this morning, the rehab spokeswoman said on the phone that she can’t tell me anything because my father won’t give her permission--because he doesn’t want to bother me. I’m already bothered. So, while I try to talk to my 92-year-old father, I’m sharing some links to fabulous articles that address issues we’re all thinking about.  

1) This advice column by Lisa Scott addresses the question I get most often here: “I want to have a baby but my boyfriend is avoiding the topic. What should I do?” If you’re a man reading this, just change the genders and read on.

2) This piece, “Wishing for You, Wishing for Me,” by Heather Travis at the Huffington Post may bring you some tears, but read on and you’ll find some reasons to smile.   



Love to you all.

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Is there an update on your dad? I prayed for him.

Sue Fagalde Lick said...

Ruthie, thank you for asking. He's doing pretty well, working on walking.he's coming home Wednesday, and I'm back home to help him for a while. Think you for your prayers and support.

Sue Fagalde Lick said...

That's thank you. :-)