Thursday, July 2, 2015

Get Some Boxes--Childless by Marriage is Moving



Dear friends,
Next month, I will have been doing the Childless by Marriage blog for eight years. My first post was published on Aug. 27, 2007. Unbelievable. Eight years. Don’t panic. I have no intention of stopping. But I am working on moving the blog to a new site at Wordpress.com. The address will be http://www.childlessbymarriageblog.com. The new site will offer features I can’t get with a "blogspot" blog and increase our community of childless-by-marriage friends. I already have two other blogs at Wordpress, Unleashed in Oregon and Writer Aid. If all works smoothly, the previous posts and comments from this blog will be transferred to the new site. But I don’t want to take any chances, so until Aug. 26, 2015, I will publish the same posts at both sites.

I started the Childless by Marriage blog before I finished the Childless by Marriage book, which came out in 2012. To be honest, the blog has been more successful than the book. At the heart of it is your comments, so much heartfelt sharing of joys, sorrows, successes and mistakes. You offer comfort to me and to one another. This has become a conversation, not just me talking into cyberspace.

You have been with me through my own pain and loss, including the death of my husband from Alzheimer’s Disease in 2011. You have supported me as I adapt to my new status as a widow, a new age group, and a new life on my own without the usual kids and grandkids to support me.
Of course I want to sell my books and draw attention to my writing through my blogs and other activities. That’s why most of us start blogs in the first place, but you have become precious to me, and I’m happy to be here as your big sister or Aunt Sue to listen to what you need to say. Most of you comment as “Anonymous.” That’s fine. I’m glad I can provide a private space to say what we might not be able to say anywhere else. I feel like I know you anyway.

I’d like to make this blog more interactive, maybe add some guest posts, feature more of you in the main blog. I welcome your suggestions. Meanwhile, I’m here. I may be moving, but I’m taking you with me.
Hugs,
Sue

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy you are taking us with you!! This truly is the ONLY place I can say what I am really feeling on this subject. I do not share this part of my life with anyone, ever. I admire you for being able to be so open about this part of your life... I just won't/can't do it and stay anonymous here for fear someone will google me or my address and find me here. Maybe because I still can't believe I'm here and in this place. Sometime I feel I'm headed down the same road as you. My husband of 30 years began having seizure and is experiencing signs of brain damage I believe. Life is not the same anymore. What helped me most with not having children is travel and vacations.... Now he can't seem to travel. This is year two he can't go anywhere far, so I'm visiting my family again who live 3,000 miles away. I need to travel, its the only dream I have is to see more of the world. My mom is dying of metastatic breast cancer, so I guess Gods timing is perfect again and I will go see her this year instead of some place I have never been. Am leaving in a week to spend time with her probably for the last time. We will be taking family photos and feel sad that in the pictures will be my sisters children... And I'll be the daughter "who didn't have any children". My mom said to me one time "Do you know what makes me the most proud as a mother?" I got all warm inside thinking I was going to be complimented as all four of her children are successful, well adjusted happy people. Then she tells me "That Sarah and Michelle (my sisters) are stay at home moms" My heart broke into a million pieces. I didn't say anything because I knew it would only make her back pedal... So I just let it go. Still can't believe I'm 50 and don't have children. Thanks for being here and taking us with you in your move.

Sue Fagalde Lick said...

Oh Anonymous, I wouldn't leave you. I'm so sorry about your mom. My mother died of cancer, and it was tough. I still miss her a lot. It's good that you can spend time with her. I hope your husband is not taking the road mine did. I'm sure you're checking into all the medical possibilities, and I hope you find a solution that brings him back to normal. I know what you mean about traveling. Fred and I did a lot of that, and I miss it. What your mom said must have hurt so much. I'm sorry you had to experience that. I never had sisters to be compared to, but I'll bet a lot of people here know exactly what you're feeling. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking us along, Sue. I'm only new to this blog and it has been a beacon in a long dark night for me. I thought I was the only one. I'm both saddened and relieved to know I'm not. Much love.

Sue Fagalde Lick said...

Back at you, Anonymous. I'm glad it helps.

Anonymous said...

I find it amazing we all thought we were the only ones!!!! Wish we all lived close by!!!!